Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Framed Tulips video tutorial

PUT YOUR THINKING CAPS ON!!!   Ok, I won't say this technique didn't give me a headache.  But, I have worked out all the kinks so you don't have to.  I'm excited to share a video on how to use our framed tulips embossing folder.

Card Tips: 
Paper Sizes: Main card is 4.25x5.5", saffron is 4 x 5.25", DSP is 5-1/8" x 3-7/8", the larger square is 3-1/8" and the honey comb DSP on top of it is 3".  The smaller rectangle is 3-9/16" x 2.25" and the tulip frame is 3-7/16" x 2-3/16".  The brown strip is 1x4.25".  Shoo....lots of measuring.  One thing I will mention about the square lattice embossing folder I used on the brown strip...the embossing is so tight that it does shrink a little bit when you run it through the big shot.  Just keep that in mind if you are counting on an exact size.

After I did the tulip frame, I took 2 scrap pieces of paper and put it over the left and bottom sides of the paper.  Then I stamped the flower on it.  It gives it a soft outline.  

The card that Lee did was much better as far as the coloring on the tulips.  She used a marker to color the tulips.  It is a pretty technique.  I just used daubers.  Next time I do this, I'll try the markers.  If you do it that way, there won't be any ink in between the tulips.  Just a different look.

The bird is popping up on dimensionals and yes, I did use an exacto knife to get between his legs.  Kinda tedious, but necessary :)

Ok, here is what you have been waiting for...the very detailed video technique for resizing the framed tulip embossing  folder.  Get comfortable, I have a feeling it's going to be a long one :)


Dimensions of Frames before embossing:
8 tulips x 11 tulips (5.25x4)
8 tulips x 6 tulips (4x3.25)
6 tulips x 6 tulips (3.25 square)
3 tulips x 8 tulips (4x2)
3 tulips x 2 tulips (2-1/8 x 1-5/8)
1 tulips x 11 tulips (5.25 x 1-1/8)

Once you get the hang of it, you can make any size.
Supplies: 
Stamp Set: Nature Walk
Paper: Early Espresso, So Saffron, Old Olive, Very Vanilla (in the original card, she used naturals ivory...it's prettier.  I just didn't have any)
Ink: Old Olive, Early Espresso
Ribbon: Very Vanilla 5/8" satin ribbon
Tools: Big Shot, framed tulips embossing folder, square lattice embossing folder
Accessories: dauber, pearls, snail adhesive, glue dots
Accessories: dauber, dimensionals, glue dot

1 comments:

Laura said...

Fantastic vidio. Thanks for all the dimensions.