Monday, February 14, 2011

Mojo Monday 178

I LOVE it when my baby takes a good nap in the AM.  I was able to work on my mojo this morning!  I am very proud of this one.  I wasn't last week, but this week, YES!  Here she is...

 I can't tell you how much I love these sketches.  The hardest thing about making a card is coming up with the layout.  From there, my juices flow.  As I said yesterday, this week I'll be focusing on Nature Walk and the coordinating DSP Botanical Gazette.

Card Tips: 
I hope you like the framed tulips embossing folder.  It is so neat.  Come back tomorrow for my Tuesday Tutorial on how to resize this neat frame.

I didn't have the right kind of ribbon to hang the birdcage until I saw this little piece of 3/8" white taffeta ribbon.  It was calling out to me...I can be any color you want...don't forget about me!  So, I grabbed him and colored him with my not so navy marker.  And TA...DA!!!  I then used the scrunchy ribbon technique from a few weeks ago.  Click here for a refresher.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Nature Walk, A Word For You
Paper: Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla, Botanical Gazette DSP
Ink: Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy  (pads and markers for spritzer tool)
Ribbon: 3/8" white taffeta colored with not quite navy marker, 1/8" espresso ribbon
Tools: Big Shot, Scallop Circle #2 Die, Framed Tulips embossing Folder, Spritzer Tool, Paper Piercing tool, Mat Pack
Accessories: glimmer brads, dimensionals, glue dots, dauber


Come back tomorrow for my Tuesday Video Tutorial!!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I love this card !

Notes by Nina said...

Great card, I love the colour combo.

Joan Robertson said...

Love everything about this card -especially that you created the ribbon you needed.

Nine said...

Fab card