Wednesday, October 19, 2011

More Fun with Pennants

One of my best friends, Kimmy, and great downline invited me to this fun class using our Pennant punch and Pennant Parade Stamp Set.  I couldn't wait to make them.  She made a take home kit for me and I made them immediately.

On a side note, it's people like Kimmy who make being a demo so fun.  The friendships I have made over the last 7.5 years including customers is the best part about doing an in home biz!  If you are looking for the same kind of camaraderie and a way to support your stamp habit, don't forget about October's promotion!  The month is already half way over.  So, let me know soon!  You will also get an exclusive stamp set to go with your starter kit!
I digress :)  Here's today's card.
Supplies
Stamp Set: Word Play
Paper: Real Red, Garden Green, Bashful blue, whisper white
Ink: Real Red, garden green, bashful blue
Tools: Pennant punch, jewelry tag punch, modern label punch
Accessories: real red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, sponge dauber, dazzling details (but I should have used rhinestones.  I didn't see them in my bag when I was making it.  Sorry Kimmy!), glue dots, dimensionals




And with Kimmy's permission...directions to make this great card!

1.  Fold Real Red cardstock in half.

2.  Sponge edges of Bashful Blue piece using Bashful Blue ink; adhere to card.
3.  Tear one edge of Whisper White strip and adhere to card front (add adhesive only to the bottom so that you can add the fence posts).
4.  Fence Posts:  Cut 8 tags from Whisper White scraps using the Jewelry Tag punch.  For each post glue 2 tags together and add to card front; adhere small white strip being sure to cover joints in the posts.
5.  Tree:  Cut 3 scalloped Pennants using the Pennant Builder punch from Garden Green scraps; sponge edges using sponge dauber and Garden Green ink.  Adhere pieces together as shown to form tree shape.
-For Trunk use Modern Label punch and cut from Chocolate Chip scrap; adhere to tree
6.  Adhere tree to card front; add Real Red bow to top of tree.
7.  Stamp greeting from Word Play stamp set using Real Red ink. 

1 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

Your card is wonderful - love the blue background!