Thursday, March 15, 2012

Case from Stampin' Success

This was a card I couldn't wait to make!  It used so many of the new items in the occasion mini that I knew it would be perfect to demo at my stamp club!  Boy was I wrong!
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Flexible Phrases, Mixed Bunch, Bordering on Romance
Paper: Pear Pizzazz, White, Twitterpated DSP, Blushing Bride
Ink: Versamark
Tools: Big Shot, blossom punch, heat tool, 3/4" circle punch, adorning accents edgelits, adorning accents embossing folder
Accessories: Blushing Bride Pleated Satin Ribbon, white baker's twine, white embossing powder, dimensionals, basic pearls
I love so many things about this card, but it was NOT easy to make.  The new edgelits are a challenge to say the least.  Because they are so thin, they move very quickly.  A few suggestions I have read about are: using dotto to keep your edgelit in place, or even masking tape.  I even took it a step further.  I wish I had taken a picture of this, but I didn't.  Take the edgelit I used on this card and take a sharpie and mark the center.  Then make a mark 2.75" on either side so it would fit perfectly on a 5.5" card.  You really need to play around with this product.  It does spectacular things, but not without a little training first.

0 comments: