Saturday, February 9, 2013

Oh Hello

This set was one of the last ones on my list from the spring catalog.  I am so happy I have it now, b/c it makes such beautiful antique cards.  Here's just one more reason I love this set.  I have done something similar to this folded strip, but this one is a box pleat.  I didn't think to write down the dimensions for the simply scored, but I'll try to find out.
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Oh Hello
Paper: Lucky Limeade, white, tea time DSP
Ink: Lucky Limeade, calypso coral
Tools: brocade embossing folder, labels framelits, big shot, simply scored tool, scallop border punch
Accessories: crochet ribbon, sticky strip, dimensionals

Correction: Here are the directions for the box pleat provided by my lovely downline, Stephanie.  Visit her sometime :)  Go here.

Here is what she shared.

I enjoyed learning to make a box pleat for the strip of scalloped DSP at the bottom.  I started with a 1 1/2″ x 8 1/4″ piece of DSP and first punched along the bottom edge with the scalloped edge border punch, then scored vertical lines for the folds that form the pleat.
Score at: 1/2″, 3/4″, 1 1/2″, 1 3/4″, 2 1/2″, 2 3/4″, 3 1/2″, 3 3/4″, 4 1/2″, 4 3/4″, 5 1/2″, 5 3/4″, 6 1/2″, 6 3/4″, 7 1/2″, 7 3/4″.
Once I had the DSP folded along the pleats as desired, I adhered it to the front of the 4 1/4″ wide card using Sticky Strip (Snail adhesive is great for adhering flat pieces of cardstock together, but sometimes you need an extra-strong adhesive when you are adhering something on embossed cardstock).  I just used a few glue dots to stick the piece of crochet trim on top.

1 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

Beautiful card, Beth...yes, would love toknow how to make the box pleating...it's such a fabulous treatment~ TFS!