Sunday, February 24, 2013

Swarm of Swallowtail

Once again, I rebelled against getting the Swallowtail Stamp for a while.  I was able to just say no to the giant doily, but I couldn't hold out on the butterfly.  I'm not a huge fan of flowers, but I do love me some butterflies and owls.  I had a swallowtail class a few weeks ago and this was my favorite one.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Swallowtail, Trust God
Paper: Early Espresso, Pool Party, White, early espresso core d'nations paper
Ink: espresso, versamark
Tools: Big Shot, lacy brocade embossing folder, decorative label punch, heat tool, sanding system
Accessories: pool party embossing powder, dimensionals

Don't look too hard for the punch that made that pretty tag at the bottom b/c yours truly created it by mistake.  Here is how I made it.

1.  punch out decorative label punch

 


2.  attach some kind of scrap handle
 
4.  Feed tag back into punch and line up like so

 
5.  This is what you should have now
6.  Then just trim around the edges
 And voila!!  Yea Me!!!



1 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

Beautiful card,Beth! I too love butterflies but have managed to resist this stamp but am sooo enjoying everyone else's cards!