Monday, March 4, 2013

And you thought our stamps were already clear

Good Morning.  I am writing to you live from Big Sky, Montana!  My rocket scientist husband brought me out here for an aerospace conference.  I came out here to ski and work on my son's scrapbook on MDS2.  I love it b/c it's not linked to the internet and I can work on it on the plane and in the airport, etc.  I can't recommend MDS more!  I love it.  OK...commercial for that another day.

Earlier this week Stampin' Up! announced a new type of stamp.  I am very excited about it!


Here's a fun little video of the announcement!


More later.  Here's a project to wet your whistle.
 
This is one of the projects we did at club last week.  I love easel cards.  I got this idea from the brilliant Brenda Quintana on Qbees Quest.  Here is the link to the tutorial for this fun card.
 If you don't recognize the cross, it's the lattice die.  Really cool idea.  The other new product I used on the right card is the stampin' Spritzer.  It was so fun.  It was rather intimidating, but really fulfilling.  You should try it.  On the left card I tried a brown cross and ran it through the big shot in the woodgrain embossing folder.  I was going for the real crucifix look.  I think it worked :)
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Trust God, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Tools: Big Shot, Oval Framelits, square lattice embossing folder, lattice die, bird punch, large oval punch, scallop circle punch, banner framelits
Accessories: flower trim, glue dots, dimensionals
 
 
Additional Different Supplies:
Ink: primrose petals reinker, rubbing alcohol
Paper: brushed silver cardstock, primrose petals
Tools: perfect polka dot embossing folder, designer frames embossing folder, stampin spritzer, 1-1/4" scallop circle
Accessories: creped filter paper, basic pearls and jumbo pearl

 
 

 
Have a great day.  I'm off to sessions to learn about the rover on Mars.  I'm a lucky woman.  Maybe some tubing!



0 comments: