Monday, March 18, 2013

Never too old for Paper Dolls

A few weekends ago I was summoned home to come get my childhood junk.  I spent hours putting all my Barbie doll toys together.  The McDonald's, the hotdog stand and the 4 poster bed gave me so much joy.  I remembered where every hotdog went and what sticker used to be there.  My daughter is almost 3 and I can't wait to play Barbie with her.  I love playing legos with Drew, but I am really excited about showing her how to make the Barbie town.

But, until then, I have the Dressed Up framelits!  It's like playing paper dolls all over again, but now I'm smarter and have the internet.  You will not believe what all I've found made from other very talented ladies.

My last friend just left from my All Dressed Up class.  I could tell they really had a great time.  One of my ladies asked if she could buy my samples she loved them so much.  After she was gone, I realized I had a class the next morning for my AM batch and have no samples....whoops :)

Here are the projects we made tonight.

Supplies:
Paper: Print Poetry DSP, Tea for Two DSP, Midnight Muse, Calypso Coral
Tools: Big Shot, dressed up framelits, polka dot embossing folder, corner rounder
Accessories: basic pearls,  hanger paper clips, In Color brads, dimensionals

I got the frame at Target

Supplies:
Paper: Very Vanilla, Tea for Two DSP, soft suede
Ink: Soft Suede
Tools: Big Shot, apothecary accents framelits, decorative label punch, dressed up framelits, paper piercing tool and pad, simply scored, paper cutter
Accessories: sponge dauber, brads, dimensionals, basic pearls, rose lace, glue dots

Supplies:
Paper: Pool Party, Basic Black, (blush blossom on clearance rack)
Tools: Big Shot, dressed up framelits, medium oval punch, small curly punch
Accessories: Sticky Strip, pool party ruffled ribbon, glue dots, basic pearls

These are the dimensions to make the little box inside.  It was advertised as a lipstick holder.  As we were making it tonight, it was so cute....but what would we do with it?  I don't know :)

And to round the evening out...
Supplies:
Paper: Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Brushed silver cardstock, Tea for Two DSP

Tools: Big Shot, dressed up framelits, oval framelits, lacy brocade embossing folder, stripe embossing folder
Accessories: Window sheets, basic pearls, 1/8" vanilla ribbon, 1-1/4" two toned ribbon, 2-way glue pen

To ruffle the ribbon, just find 1 thread close to the top of the ribbon and gather it.

Good Night

If you want to see all the other awesome ideas I didn't have time to make, click here :)  Don't just look at the top post...scroll down for so many more ideas!

11 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

Gorgeous dresses...and am so in love with the cupboard and dresser set...fabulous! And the last dress...wow! Thank you for sharing!!! And, I totally agree, we are never to old to play with paper dolls!!!!!

Anonymous said...

love the wardrobe with the dress,
wow i can't believe you have done the exact blue lipstick holder dress i made in February even the exact hat.

Beth Crocker said...

I might have gotten the idea from you. If so!! Thanks so much!! I rarely make anything myself :)

Anonymous said...

The wardrobe is adorable; and it looks like a side step card of sorts. Can you tell me the dimensions for the card..It looks like there is only one step but I am not sure how to cut that....

Beth Crocker said...

Hey Granny :) Just got your note. I don't have the card anymore and I did figure out the dimension through trial and error. But, if you look at the left side, you can see the apothecary accents and that should give you a better sense of the size. It is only one step.

Patricia Gessner said...

I would love to make this card for my dear friend's birthday. Can you please lead me to directions???

Beth Crocker said...

Hey Patricia. Which card are you referring to? I'd love to help you. Email me directly so I can help you :) betty82402@gmail.com.

Nancy Jensen said...

These are absolutely fabulous!!! Great inspiration!

Anon said...

Are you sure that you're never told for paper dolls? I know that I'm no longer age appropriate for them.

Anon said...

Oh sorry. I meant "too old" and not "told."

Miranda Nelson said...

Hi nice readiing your post