Tuesday, March 12, 2013

T-minus 12 days

In the 9 years I have been doing this, Sale-A-Bration has always been a fun time of year.  In the beginning, there was a small catalog that had 6 stamp sets of varying style so suit all types of stampers.  I usually liked about 2 of them.  Then after about 5 years, they started offering some other products.  It was exciting.  Last year, they starting offering suites of products with so many more possibilities.  This year has been the best year ever.  I have enjoyed all the products offered this year and haven't even scratched the surface of posting all I have made.  In addition, I want to thank all the other bloggers out there whom I follow everyday.  As many of you have experienced, the picture of the stamp set isn't always one that instills the need to get that set.  So, I thank all the different types of stampers who have shown me how to get out of my bubble of stamping and try new things.  I hope my blog inspires some of you to try new things too.  You have T-minus 12 days to get your hands on these products until they are gone forever!!!

I thought I would share a CAS card today.  In our world, that stands for Clean and Simple.  This is another form of masking.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Bloomin' Marvelous
Paper: White
Ink: Baja Breeze, Midnight Muse
Tools: Big Shot, designer frames embossing folder
Accessories: dimensionals, basic rhinestones

The reason this is called masking is the clean edge where there is no ink.  I ran this through the big shot.  If you use the designer frames folder, sometimes the edge of the folder itself gets embossed.  If that is the case, remove one tab from the accessory plate.  If that doesn't work, you may put a piece of cardstock b/t the plates to keep the paper from getting embossed.  Then I cut a rectangle the exact size of the picture in the frame.  I stamped the rectangle where the image would fall off the side.  Then when I put it on with dimensionals, it looks like a picture.  Very clean :)  Good Luck.  Try it with the oval frame folder too!



1 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

Thus is beautiful - I love clean and simple! Wonderful colors....thank you for the inspiration!