Friday, April 12, 2013

Daddy's Day Bleach Technique

I always have a very hard time making a good Father's Day card for my Daddy. 
Can you see the bleach?

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Dapper Dad, Oh Hello, that word set :)
Paper: Vanilla, Basic Gray, Riding Hood Red
Ink: black stazon, basic gray, Bleach
Tools: Big Shot, oval framelits, square lattice embossing folder, occasions paper piercing template, paper piercing tool and mat, small heart punch, aquapainter
Accessories: dimensionals, cute clips

Bleach Technique: This is not a new technique by any stretch.  It's just one I rarely use.  Probably b/c I am lazy when I am stamping.  The bleach will lose it's effectiveness after a few days so test it first and you might need to refresh.  For the gray strip, I took a small stamp box and folded a paper towel down in it.  Then I poured bleach right on it to make my own ink pad.  Then, I filled up an aquapainter halfway (don't even need that much) and painted the argyle part of the shoe.  After you use the aquapainter (#103954), use the heat tool to watch it turn cream so fast.  Kinda fun. 
Aqua Painter - by Stampin' Up!


Try the bleach on all your favorite colors.  I'm dying to stamp the swallowtail in stazon and then color the inside with bleach.

I hope my daddy likes this card :)

On another note, I was right the other day about seeing a new photopolymer stamp set and here it is!  I will be getting this one.  I love these sassy sayings!  It's called Bombs Away Birthday.  #133411
Bombs Away Birthday Stamp Set

1 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

Looks like you rocked this one, Beth...great job...he will love it!